USTA 10 and Under QuickStart Tennis, Featuring GRIPS
USTA QuickStart is a tennis play format that utilizes age-appropriate tennis court size, racquet size, tennis balls, net height, and scoring system.
These group lessons offer a combination of fun with basic tennis stroke development including rallying, serving, simple drills, and tennis games. Emphasis is on motor skills and enhancing students’ athleticism. Players learn to keep score and are introduced to competitive play.
The GRIPS Program was derived from the concept of the belts associated with martial arts proficiency. The program's 11 stages ascend from beginner's white to expert's black grips.
Your child will receive a free placement test which establishes a baseline tennis proficiency, and the child’s first GRIPS level. The GRIPS program is meant to be a gradual process of moving from one level of tennis to the next by mastering a collection of well-defined skills at each level. Please read in detail the attached information about GRIPS.
The goal of the GSRC professional staff is to continually move players to the next grip color as the session progresses and to see each player advance in developing his or her skills as a tennis player. GSRC wants your child to enjoy coming to class and our club!
Three 12-Week Sessions
Session 1: Monday, September 10 through Saturday, December 8
Session 2: Monday, December 10 through Saturday, March 9
Session 3: Monday, March 11 through Saturday, June 8
QuickStart Classes are 1 hour each day
Monday – Friday: 4:30 pm – 5:30 pm
Saturday: 9:30 am – 10:30 or 10:30 am – 11:30 am or 11:30 am – 12:30 pm
12-week Session Pricing
One class per week: $265 member / $335 non-member
Prices include enrollment in the GRIPS Program
Holiday Schedules for 2012-2013 Season and Makeup Policy
- There will be no classes Thanksgiving week November 19 – 24
- Monday, December 24, all classes start 1 hour earlier and the club closes at 5:30 pm
- Classes resume Wednesday, January 2
- Please note, a makeup voucher will be given for Fun and Fit Tennis, and QuickStart classes that are normally scheduled for Tuesday, January 1
- No classes April 1 – April 6, 2013
- We will offer Holiday Camps during those weeks
- All makeups must be completed in the current session – they don’t carry over.
- Your child may not drop in for a makeup class – it must be scheduled through Cheryl
- If your child is signed up for all 12 weeks of a session, the child may receive two makeups
- If your child is signed up for fewer than 12 weeks, they may receive one makeup
- Prorated credits are given only in the event of serious illness or exceptional family emergency. No credit or refund will be made once a session has begun. No cash, check, or credit card refunds.