GSTEF Tennis Junior Match Play Program, Under the direction of Jackson Tsai
Green Spring Tennis and Educational Foundation
GSTEF Tennis Junior Match Play Program
Under the direction of Jackson Tsai
Match Play is held at Green Spring Racquet Club
This is a wonderful fall / winter match play experience that will prepare you for your upcoming 2013 Spring/Summer tennis season. Whether it’s to play on your high school tennis team, sanctioned USTA Singles and Doubles Tournaments, or to play on a USTA Junior Team Tennis Team!
8 week Sessions: (Saturdays only: 4 pm -7 pm)
First Session Dates: Sept. 22, Sept. 29, Oct. 13, Oct. 27, Nov. 3, Nov. 10, Nov. 17, Dec.1
Cost: $200 per player for 8 week session (2 hours per age group of competitive indoor tennis each week)
Jackson will determine the 2 hours each team will play, either 4 pm to 6 pm or 5 pm to 7 pm
Info and Match Format:
(1) You will need a partner (male or female). This will be the same ‘team pair’ for the 8 week session. This is non- gender match play so boys can play against girls.
(2) There will be a total of 8 teams for 18U and 8 teams for 14U (2 players per team); Scores will be kept
(3) 1st half of match play – 10 game pro set (no ad scoring) per singles player (both players playing at the same time);
(4) 2nd half of match play – 10 game pro set (no ad scoring) for both players to team up, playing doubles;
(5) Games won per week will be tallied for each team pair;
(6) Playoffs will be held on the 8th Saturday and trophies and cool prizes will be awarded to the top 4 winning score teams!
Players are selected by Jackson Tsai at the end of registration.
Registration Deadline: 11:59 pm, Saturday, 15, 2012
Fill out the registration form and mail it to GSTEF make checks payable to GSTEF or fill out the credit card information on the registration from.
If you are not selected for the teams, your check will not be cashed and returned, or your credit card will not be processed.